For the producers of ayran we offer ayran starter cultures from Chr. Hansen that are intended for direct inoculation (DVS®). When compared to the bulk starter, the use of DVS cultures has some main advantages:
- Convenience and cost reduction – no need to prepare bulk starter in the plant. The culture can be used directly from the freezer – so production planning is much more flexible.
- Security – lack of bulk starter means less risk of phage infection, which could lead to a delay in fermentation, low quality and / or scrapped products.
- Consistent action – while in bulk starter can occur undesirable and uncontrollable change in the ratio between strains, in DVS starter cultures the ratio is controlled and constant.
- Flexibility – DVS cultures can be used in specific combinations in order to produce a variety of fermented milk products.
- New and interesting cultures – DVS allows to create cultures with specific ratios between the strains, which is reflected in a broad portfolio of DVS cultures.
Ayran starter cultures are available in both forms: frozen pellets and lyophilized (freeze-dried) granules.
For more information about the products from this category, please contact the representative of Chr. Hansen in Bulgaria:
eng. Ivaylo Tonev, firstname.lastname@example.org
eng. Dejan Ristov, email@example.com
firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: +359 2 938 51 05